Tuesday was our 13th anniversary- mine and Trav’s. We didn’t do anything special because, well, it was a Tuesday and Amanda is at college and so is our other babysitter. Oh, and our dear friends that lived in Franklin had the nerve to move to India this year and India is too far to take the kids- so we had a low-key anniversary this year.
That was my way of being cheeky and getting you to click on the link to my friend’s blog. They’re serving special needs orphans in India and you might like to read about it.
Anyway, I started thinking about life and marriage and our wedding and how beautiful and stressful that particular day was and how after that life is made up of ordinary Tuesdays. It’s what we do with them that makes them into something that’s beautiful. Then I thought about things that I love about Travis, things I like about him and the things that make me laugh and thought I’d share them with you.
1. I love his smile. He has a big, toothy grin that lights up a room. And I’m thankful for all the money that his parents put into orthodontia for him.
2. He totally has a cute butt. This might not seem important but “pancake butt” is not found anywhere in the Button Casa. My girls should be thankful for that.
3. He loves our girls- a lot.
4. Even though he didn’t want a dog, he loves Daisy and thinks she’s fantastic- that she steps on his toes? Not so much.
5. The fact that I’m a clumsy, dorky, nerd has never bothered him. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s one of the things he loves about me and is probably why he asked me out in the first place. Well, that and my blue eyes.
6. He’s no James Bond. He occasionally tries to be smooth but, well, that’s best left to the professionals.
7. He thinks I’m funny. Deep down I think that he thinks I’m hilarious but just won’t admit it. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.
8. He makes me laugh.
9. He’s smarter than I am. My girls (the little ones at least) think that I’m smarter but considering he was a math major in college (until he switched to music) and went all the way through college calculus and I had to take college math twice (then I think my professor just had pity on me and gave me a C)- I think he’s smarter. I never did get that FOIL thing. Mostly because I truly didn’t care and I’ve never, ever had to use it in real life. Travis on the other hand, looks for opportunities to use algebra and geometry. I usually roll my eyes but secretly think it’s cute.
10. He loves me. Really, truly loves me. I’ve watched him go from hell and back for me and for our family and that’s beats being a smooth talking Romeo any day. Because when it comes down to it, that’s the thing that matters.
That’s 10 things. It may not even be the top ten things, I haven’t even mentioned that he fixes things around here that I haven’t even noticed are broken, he gives me his dessert if I don’t like the one I ordered, he picks up Chinese food if I don’t feel like making dinner, if his hand happens to land on my neck or shoulders his instant reaction is to give me a massage…all in all I’m one very blessed- and very spoiled- girl. And I fully intend on staying that way.